Chair and Associate Professor of Spanish
Office: Bliss Building 330
Phone: (609) 771-3410
Curriculum Vitae (as of 3.31.2021)
Dr. Joseph Goebel Jr. is the Chair of the Department of World Languages and Cultures at The College of New Jersey where he teaches Spanish and trains K-12 student teachers in second language acquisition theories and best practices. He has been recognized with teaching awards from The College of New Jersey and Temple University. Dr. Goebel has published articles on language teaching in Japanese Language and Literature, The Foreign Language Annals and The Journal of Graduate Teaching Assistant Development. In the last twenty-five years, he has explored SLA theories and their implications for the classroom in over two hundred and thirty conferences, workshops and panels for school districts, universities and professional groups. Dr. Goebel has served as co-coordinator of the Basic Spanish program at TCNJ since 1997.
- FSP 124 First Year Seminar on Mexico
- WLC 390 Second Language Acquisition and Related Methodologies.
- SPANISH 203 Intermediate Oral Proficiency.
- SPANISH 101, 102 Spanish for Beginners I and II
- Applied Linguistics
- Teacher Preparation
- Teacher Professional Development
- B.A. – La Salle University
- M.A.- Temple University
- Ph.D. – Georgetown University